1. Who owns the data dictionary?
2. You routinely compress old log files. You now need to examine a log from two months ago. In order to view its contents without first having to decompress it, use the _________ utility.
3. You suspect that you have two commands with the same name as the command is not producing the expected results. What command can you use to determine the location of the command being run?
4. You locate a command in the /bin directory but do not know what it does. What command can you use to determine its purpose.
5. You wish to create a link to the /data directory in bob's home directory so you issue the command ln /data /home/bob/datalink but the command fails. What option should you use in this command line to be successful.
6. When you issue the command ls -l, the first character of the resulting display represents the file's ___________.
7. What utility can you use to show a dynamic listing of running processes?
8. Where is standard output usually directed?
9. You wish to restore the file memo.ben which was backed up in the tarfile MyBackup.tar. What command should you type?
10. You need to view the contents of the tarfile called MyBackup.tar. What command would you use?